Vol 5 | Issue 2 | May-Dec 2019 | page: 14-16 | Akloa Komlavi Ehlissou Kolima, Bakriga Batarabadja, Kombate, Ayouba Gamal, Akpoto Menssavi Yaovi, Dellanh Yaovi Yannick, Towoezim Tchaa Hodabalo, Abalo Anani Grégoirei
Author: Akloa Komlavi Ehlissou Kolima , Bakriga Batarabadja , Kombate , Ayouba Gamal , Akpoto Menssavi Yaovi , Dellanh Yaovi Yannick , Towoezim Tchaa Hodabalo , Abalo Anani Grégoirei 
 Department of Orthopaedic and traumatology Surgery Teaching University Hospital Sylvanus Olympio. Lomé-Togo PO Box. 14148.
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Akloa Komlavi Ehlissou Kolima,
Department of Orthopaedic and traumatology Surgery Teaching University Hospital Sylvanus Olympio. Lomé-Togo PO Box. 14148
Introduction: Tripolar lesions of the thoracic limb are rare. We report a rare a Galéazzi fracture associatedwith an ipsilateral fracture of ulna and olecranon in a 45-year-old patient. Surgical management has been delayed due to limited resources of the patient.
Case presentation: It was a 45-year-old man admitted in our emergency after a fallen on bicycle. He presented a fracture of olecranon, shaft bone fracture of radius and ulnar, and distal radio-ulnar disjunction. Theassessment at 18 months has found a consolidation of fractures. The elbow and wrist regained joint range, but we noted a limitation of prono-supination related to radioulnar synostosis. This limitation had no impact on the professional and sporting activities of the patient.
Conclusion: Apart the difficulties to describe mechanismresponsible of this complex lesion, the functional prognosis of the limb depends on a correct diagnosis and adequate management. At the last follow-up, the patient was satisfied with the result obtained. Longer term follow-up will allow us to determine the issue of this complex lesion in this patient. For the moment patient is not complained so wejust wait and see.
Keywords: Galeazzi fracture, distal radioulnar disjunction, fractures, forearm, olecranon.
1. Sandeep JS, Kevin CC.A Historical Report on Riccardo Galeazzi and the Management of Galeazzi Fractures. Hand Surg Am. 2010; 35(11): 1870–77.
2. Nihar RP, Poonam P. Ipsilateral Combined Monteggia and Galeazzi Injuries presenting late: A case report. Injury Extra. 2005; 36 (10): 458-62.
3. Jafari D, Taheri H, Shariatzade H, Mazhar FN, Jalili A, Ghahramani MH, Bilateral combined Monteggia and Galeazzi fractures: a case report. MJIRI. 2012; 26(1): 41-4.
4. Sang BK, Youn MH, Yi JW, Le JB, Lim BG. Shaft Fractures of Both Forearm Bones: The Outcomes of Surgical Treatment with Plating Only and Combined Plating and Intramedullary Nailing. Clinics in Orthopedic Surgery. 2015; 7(3): 282-290
5. Ömer CGökhan P, Gökhan K, Deniz K, Mehmet E. Ipsilateral olecranon and distal radius fracture: A case report. IJSCR. 2015; 6: 194–197
6. Asadollahi S, Shepherd D, Hau RC. Elbow Fracture-Dislocation Combined with Galeazzi Fracture in Adult: A Case Report and Literature Review. International Journal of Surgery Case Reports. 2013 ; 4: 748-52.
7. Abalo A, Akloa KK, Dellanh YY. Elbow Dislocation with Ipsilateral Galeazzi Fracture: A Case Report. Open Journal of Orthopedics. 2016; 6: 276-82.
8. Droll KP, Perna P, Potter J, Harniman E, Schemitsch EH, McKee MD. Outcomes Following Plate Fixation of Fractures of Both Bones of the Forearm in Adults. J Bone Joint Surg. 2007; 89(12): 2619-24.
9. Mikiéla A, Abiome R, Obiang Enguié AC, Mba Angoué JM, Diawara M. Treatment of diaphyseal fractures of the forearm in the adult by pinning of the ulna and plate of the radius (A prospective study of 27 cases). Tun Orth. 2015; l7 (1): 21-24.
10. Khemiri CH, Rebhi T, Hidoussi O, Maalla R, Kanoun ML, Ben Dali N. osteosynthesis diaphyseal fractures isolated of Ulna. Intramedullar nailing or screwed plate ?Tun orthop. 2012; 5: 56-60.
11. Abalo A, Dossim A, Assiogbo A, Walla A, Ouedraogo A. intramedullary fixation using kirschner wires for forarm fractures: a developing country perspectives. J Ortho Surg. 2007; 15: 19-22.
12. ogoua RD, Traore M, Kouamé M, Mambo M, Yépié A, Anoumou M. racking centromedullary bones of the forearm in adults. J Afr Chir Orthop Traumatol. 2018; 3 (1): 15-20.
13. Ikeda M, Fukushima Y, Kobayash Y, Oka Y. Comminuted fractures of the olecranon management by bone graft from the iliac crestand multiple tension-band wiring. The journal of bone and joint surgery. 2001; 83 (6): 885-88.
14. Reckling FW. Unstable fracture-dislocations of the forearm (Monteggia anGaleazzi lesions). J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1982; 64:857–63.
15. Giannoulis FS, Sotereanos DG Galeazzi fractures and dislocations. Hand Clin. 2007; 23:153–163.
|How to Cite this article: Kolima AKE, Batarabadja B, Kombate, Gamal A, Yaovi AM, Yannick DY, Hodabalo TT, Grégoirei AA. | Galeazzi fracture associated with an ipsilateral fracture of ulnaire diaphysis and olecrane. A rare lesional association. About a case and review of literature. | Trauma International| May – Dec 2019; 5(2): 14-16 .|